Last year was all about bringing an edgier palette into the home–with vibrant reds, modern metallics, and variations of the statement black accent wall. Unlike 2018’s color trends, 2019 is taking a more mindful, lifestyle-based approach to the development of new shades. Most paint brands have released their colors of the year, including Benjamin Moore, PPG Paints, Sherwin Williams, and of course, Pantone’s 2019 Color of the Year: Living Coral. From a powerful aqua to a soft terracotta, companies are connecting the dots between consumers’ home lives, mental demands, and digital engagement, which inspired many of the color picks this year.
If you’re looking to kick-start your home refresh by indulging in new hues, check out 2019’s top color trends, along with how to use them in your own home now.
- Woodlands Shades – While nature is a common inspiration for home décor, in 2019 we will see a shift from oversized botanicals to the woodlands, with mushroom-gray tones and fern-inspired colors.
- Energizing Coral – It only makes sense for Pantone’s 2019 color of the year–Living Coral–to be on your radar when you begin your home revamp.
- Hunter Green – What we also love about this color is how seamlessly it transitions between millwork, walls, furniture and accessories.
- Saturated Moody Hues – These darker moody colors are perfect for custom built-ins and kitchen cabinetry.
- Pale Pink Colorways – Pale pinks are prevailing in 2019 due to their neutral properties and compatibility with other shades.
By Lucia Tonelli
See the original article here: