Looking for a great indoor kids activity this winter? Make a Snow Storm in a Jar! Detailed by growingajeweledrose, you can easily create a wonderful craft and watch the surprise as it starts to snow.
What you will need:
- A jar or similar container
- Baby oil
- White paint
- Iridescent glitter
- Alka Seltzer
- Optional: Blue food coloring
- In a bowl combine one teaspoon of white paint with one cup of water. Mix until the paint is dissolved. This will essentially give you white water.
- Once mixed pour the “white water” into the jar leaving a little room at the top.
- Have kids sprinkle in glitter.
- Add blue food coloring if desired.
- Then, wait for the glitter and water to settle at the bottom of the jar.
Once the water is settled, you can take an Alka Seltzer tablet and break it into pieces and have your kids drop them into the jar and watch what happens!
See more about this activity, including why it works here: www.growingajeweledrose.com